10 Good Reasons to Wear Hair Extensions
Hair extensions are a common practice among a wide variety of people. While mainly cosmetic, there are many reasons why men and women chose to apply hair extensions to their natural hair. From health concerns to a serious need for a new look, we bring you the top ten reasons why people wear hair extensions.
- Many people find that their hair is flat, dull or lifeless. Others can't seem to grow their hair out, no matter how long they wait or how many trims they receive. Hair extensions are the easy way to add body and length to your natural hair.
- Men and women who frequently dye, highlight, bleach, or chemically treat their hair know that these procedures take their toll on one's hair. Every once in awhile, it's good to give your head a breather. Hair weaves are a fashionable way to wait out chemically damaged hair.
- Imagine having long, smooth, ebony hair one month, and fun and frisky bottle curls the next. Sound appealing to you? Hair extensions are a non-committal form of testing out various styles and colors. Test a color or style out for a few weeks, and if you don't like it, try a new one just a short while later.
- It's a fact of life that people experience hair loss, premature balding or thinning of the hair. That doesn't mean that you have to sit back and accept defeat, though. Hair extensions are a sensible and undetectable solution to hair loss or balding. No one will ever have to know.
- In the same vein, medical procedures don't have to claim your appearance or your sense of attractiveness. Hair weaves offer a positive alternative for individuals undergoing chemotherapy treatment and alopecia patients, as well as other medical procedures that result in temporary or permanent hair loss.
- Running late...again? So you're just not one of those people who can't wake up an hour early and spend the time doing the do. So what? Hair extensions are also great for those who just don't have the time to style their hair everyday. Whether it's looking presentable at work or getting dolled up for a night out, hair extensions make the process a snap.
- Most people understand what I mean when I say 'one of those haircuts'. Hair extensions can help out while you're waiting for natural hair to grow in after and unsuccessful coloring attempt or bad cut.
- Length and body are just the beginning of the wonderful outcomes that hair extensions can affect. Hair extensions add volume and thickness to your own hair easily, without constant upkeep.
- Any costume is enhanced with a funky hairstyle. Hair extensions can be applied in real or fantasy colors, the latter make great Halloween or costume party additions.
- Finally, have an important event or a close friend or relative's wedding coming up? Treat yourself to an elegant up do for a special occasion, holiday, or event with the use of hair extensions.
*Many argue that extensions can cause hair loss or further thinning. Extensions can also damage the hair, making your natural locks and hair follicles become brittle or stale, causing them to break. Care should be taken when choosing a method and stylist to ensure you receive the best application and least potential for damage.